Saturday, 7 December 2013

Gig business!

Hello to you lovely people! How are we all?

Today I popped down to Ventnor - a lovely little town on the Island, where I met with my friend Vic to chat to some people about some gigs!

We visited a lovely church and a really cool arts club (I'll write more about them when the gigs are definitely confirmed) and it looks like I'll be playing in both places February/March(ish) in the new year. Exciting stuff. :)

Here's a picture I took inside the church. It's rather pretty there...


I will be playing there with the lovely Emily Scotcher which I'm rather excited about! We did a gig together at Brading Roman Villa once and it was good fun.

In other news I'm currently applying for jobs whilst keeping up with my music and volunteering at the school. :) I'd like a day job so I can support myself and then be able to gig and create music in the evenings. I need the stability!

I'm thinking of doing a cover of this song for YouTube soon (when I get rid of my cold/bunged up nose!) - what do you reckon? I'll have to get on the motorbike. ;)



Lots of love xxxxx

6 comments:

Larry said...

That would be great, Holly. The guitar work has your name on it, lol. Take care.

H said...

Thanks, Larry! It's a fab song - I wish I'd written it. ;) Take care. x

yizhivika said...

Yes, great song, and one that should lend itself perfectly to your voice, Holly :). Good luck with the job-hunting, and I hope to finally get around to seeing you performing again sometime next year; probably not in Ventnor if it's an evening gig, but the Wickham Festival is much more likely a do-able venue for me :). Whatever, take care and best wishes in the meantime...x

xenonrush said...

It's a great song. Liked it from the first time I heard it. I guess you will be able to borrow Dad's bike.

David Ruben said...

Nice song, and seems one where you could apply your own style when reinterpreting. Ignore though the video - its socially unacceptable to be riding without crash helmet (even if they did have to go to USA to legally film).

mercury said...

It's strange to walk through an abandoned blog, where the adresses of the pics are outdated.