Thursday, 12 September 2013

A letter for Andrew :)

Hello everyone!

I'm currently waiting on the manufacturing company to send me artwork proofs, and then if they're ok they'll start making the CDs! We're in the final stages now, but it seems to be taking forever! Ah well.

In the meantime I'm writing new music and trying to finish half-finished songs! Here's a little song I wrote the other day for my friend Andrew. :) This one's pretty folky, and I really enjoyed recording it actually. I didn't use any MIDI instruments (fake strings or whatever) - just acoustic instruments, so I got out my appalachian dulcimer, guitar (nylon and steel string) and clarinet. I hadn't played my clarinet in ages, but it reminded me how much I enjoyed playing it. I think it blended quite well with the other instruments, so will probably be using it again in the future. :)



Now I'm going to try to finish a very Enya-ish track! It'll be interesting to see what people make of it. It's pretty obviously inspired by her! But I kind of thought...Enya is the ONLY person who makes that sound, and in my opinion, there needs to be more of it out there! The layered vocals/orchestral/synth backing is almost a genre in itself. Like she said when asked which genre her music fits into, it's just 'Enya'. So I'm going to try to write a song in the Enya genre! Lol.

I'll keep you updated about the CD, but hopefully it won't be too long now.

TTFN, hope you're all groovy. :)

Holly xxx

4 comments:

Larry said...

Wow! That is the first word that came to mind, lol. I love it. Also love what it says (lyrics). Nice work. :)

mercury said...

Yes, it's a very nice song. It seems to be lifted out of time and space, but also woven into an increasing existential tension field. It reminded me of Musil's "Kaum willst du ganz und mitten in etwas sein, siehst du dich schon wieder an den Rand gespĆ¼lt: das ist heute das Erlebnis in allen Erlebnissen!"

terribly negative guy said...

The clarinet does indeed blend in beautifully. I guess someone made it so.
Did you know that I can't watch that wink without returning it? Or that I only learned to wink at other people through your videos? (I was able to wink before, but never with other people around.)

Opps, that wasn't negative at all. I think Violet is getting fat. *duck-and-run*

Larry said...

So beautiful. May I sneak this in? If you were to trust in God (contact me and I can show you how), every question in your life would be answered as it arises. And you would inherit eternal life as well. How wonderful it would be to know you in heavenly eternity. Most people (according to the Bible) are not going to be there. Death is certain for all of us and this life is so very short but our souls (spirits) are eternal. We are here for a purpose and, I pray that you find yours in truth. There is no other way to have real peace. Look around you. I love you in Christ and keep you in my prayers. :)