Wednesday, 2 January 2013

2013

So here we have it...nice to meet you.

2012 was filled with so many ups and downs, and I said goodbye to it in the knowledge that I had grown up more in 2012 than any other year. And as the end of University approaches, I am more aware than ever that to simply dream of doing something is not enough.

I've always been a fan of the saying "if you can dream it, you can do it", and now it's time to put the "doing" into action. Recently I've realised that when University ends, I'm out there on my own, and that's quite a scary thought! What do I do? Where do I live? How do I make a living?

I haven't set any New Years Resolutions, as I know that by the end of the week I would've forgotten them. However, I've chosen to follow a process called "Goal Mapping". I've been reading a book (called "Goal Mapping" (funnily enough)) by Brian Mayne (an Islander :)). I saw him talking at a conference when I was in high school, and recently looked him up and bought the book. It's a really interesting process, based on stimulating the left and right side of the brain to work together, and positive thinking. Here's his website if you're interested: http://www.liftinternational.com

It's something that I think I'll be able to get into, and not just forget about, like I normally do with my New Years Resolutions.

My goals include...graduating, creating an album, and becoming what I regard as healthy (20st should be fine. Joke! I just mean cooking and eating good meals and making an effort to exercise.)

I'm definitely looking forward to being FREEEEEEEEEEEE in June, so I can make the music that I want to again and not worry about whether it's electronic enough.

I'd best be off now...I have some more coursework to do...grrrr...it won't be long I guess. :)

TTFN xxxxxxx

Violet "helping" me to write my blog...

2 comments:

Larry said...

Keep her straight, Violet, LOL! Good luck with your book. I wandered foe nearly 50 years before I found my way to peace and fulfillment. You have learned many things as I knew you would. You will continue to no matter where your journey through life takes you. Life is so short, a one shot deal. The bible says in James 4:14 (and other places), '14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.'

But it is not mine to advise. Just know that as long as I live, I will be there for you if there is anything I can do.

It also tell us to live in the moment, one moment at a time, to NOT worry about the morrow as there are enough troubles in the present day. Great advice (or commands if you are a believer) for living worry free because the future always takes care of itself. It is always 'today', always the moment.

Oops. Getting carried away here, lol. As always, my love and prayers are with you.

mercury said...

What a nice scenery: You and Violet, an intimate couple in a protective corner, while the computer is spinning its filaments around the globe.