Wednesday, 5 December 2012

The United States of Tara

Hello people of the lovely variety!

I'm currently at a point before three deadlines, so I'm busy trying to get things finished off/ready to deliver to Uni over the next few days. However, I thought I'd stop by and post something that's part of my coursework.

Some of you may know the U.S TV show "The United States of Tara" - a comedy/drama about a lady who has Dissociative Identity Disorder. One piece of coursework required us to choose a TV show, and rewrite the theme tune, and some music within the show itself. The video below is the opening of the show along with the music that I've composed for it. Hope you like it! :)

xxxxxx

3 comments:

Trevor said...

Brilliant , Holly ; you're really , really good at this sort of thing . Spot on !

xenonrush said...

I didn't know the show so had a look at "United States of Tara's Main Title Sequence HD" on YT. The original seems to have a rather horrid whiny vocal on it that doesn't do anything for me. Your piece sounds much better to me and fits very well with the video sequence. Very good. I hope you got a good mark for it.

mercury said...

Always wondering, why it's not "Divided States of Tara", because it's a dissociative disorder. Your version makes a better match than the original.