Friday, 30 July 2010

Some gigs. :)

Hi everyone! :)

Thought it was about time I did a quick update to say 'hi' and to let you know what I've been up to recently. :)

Hmm...now where were we?!...Ah yes...

The last gig I seem to have written about was the IW Festival...and that seems like ages ago now. Next up was a gig organised by Vaguely Sunny and Nichola Bailey for Ryde Arts Festival. - It was held in a lovely little cafe called Missy J's. There were 5 acts playing altogether. - It was lovely meeting other musicians - and they were all really nice. It was a really intimate gig - I think there were only about 36 tickets available! But it was really different and quirky. :)

Here are a couple of pics...(ta Donna! ;))
The venue!

Some person plinking around before her set.

The lads' set + intimate audience.

Next up after that was Folkstation! :) Folkstation is a little folk festival set up by Oila Woighers at Havenstreet - a really lovely old railway station. We were exceedingly lucky with the weather (brilliant sunshine). There was a lovely chilled out atmosphere too. I did a 45 minute set and I really enjoyed it. I felt a tad nervous which was a bit annoying, but everyone seemed really friendly so I chilled out a bit after a few songs. It was a really hot day and the lights on the stage made it even more hot too. :-S

Here's our local paper's article (mini version) - they did a big piece about it in the actual paper...

And I had a really nice little sentence bit!!!...It said...

Island singer Holly Kirby was a particular highlight, drawing one of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

Hehe!!! How cool!!! :D

And I also had a really nice bit in The Gazette as well...

Next up was Holly Kirby, who at only 18 (actually 19 but we'll let them off :P) is fast becoming famous for her lyrical style and soulful clear voice. Her latest CD 'AWoman You Don't Know' is particularly memorable and her voice has been compared to Joni Mitchell's.

Bit cool!!!! :D :8D (That's a blushing face. Lol)

I also have a few more to write about, but I'll come back to those because this post will be quite big if I do them here. :)

TTFN!

Hollyxxxxx

3 comments:

Larry said...

Thanks for sharing that with us, Holly. It sounds really nice. And interesting. Glad to hear you are having a fun time time. :)

D.N.H. said...

Nice pic of you in the IWCP. Was that in the print version too?

H said...

Thank you chaps. :D - Hope you're groovy. :)
Yes that one was in the IWCP print version too. :)