Tuesday, 23 March 2010

A Tuesday afternoon...

Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to say a big thankyou for your brilliant comments on my newest video. :) I'm really pleased that you like it. :)

I'm going into school to do choir this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a few people there. The number tends to vary quite a lot really...from 20 something to about 5. :-S I know what it's like after a day at school, you just want to go home and relax. But I can now sympathise greatly with the teachers too. If the students have committed to doing something then they should stick with it. If I can't make it to something I said I'd go to then I always let the person know that I won't be there before it starts. I consider that as just being polite. If they don't want to do it anymore, then that's fine too, they just have to say. That's all.

And that's all for my little rant too. Lol.

We're actually going to try to do a mini-concert thing soon, so we need everyone to be at rehearsals. I'll let you know when I get back. ;)

TTFN,

Hollyxx

20 comments:

Larry said...

You just better be glad that you do not have to give me a singing lesson. They do not make a bucket big enough for me to carry a tune! :)

xenonrush said...

Larry ~ Lol! If I had been around before the invention of radar I could have got a job standing on the front of a boat singing in heavy fog. On coming boats would have all turned away very quickly.

H ~ I agree with your rant. I'm also like that about punctuality.

Larry said...

Lol, never could sing (that is "sang" in Appalachian, lol). But at least I did play an instrument in the high school band 50 years ago, LOL! OMGoodness! :)

H said...

Lol! All the singing teachers I have met have said 'anyone can sing' - don't be so hard on yourselves! ;)

I love your little sayings though! Haha. The bucket one and the boat thing. :) xx

Larry said...

Lol, we used to say, "I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket". Forgot you had prolly never heard that. :)

Trevor said...

I used to know a Headteacher who used to walk military style through the massed ranks of Year7 whilst they sang the School Hymn.Every so often he would lean in towards one poor cowering youth and whisper"You're a grunter lad,start miming !"Those were the days!
PS What does Lol mean?

xenonrush said...

Trevor ~ Laugh Out Loud.

Trevor said...

Thank you,xenonrush,I am concerned that I don't use an acronym in a totally inappropriate manner.What about :)D,:)S etc?

Larry said...

roflmao

Trevor said...

Help! I don't understand ! Is this why I get a rubbish bin next to my comments?

Larry said...

"rolling on the floor laughing my *abs* off" lol

Larry said...

That is in case something is extremely funny. BTW, I found this in my 'references' folder:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Internet_slang

me said...

Haha! Thanks Larry ~ I was shocked there were so many!! I only recognise a few.

Look at these sideways

:) or :-) Happy
:( or :-( Sad
:S Goodness me or some other superlative :)
;) or ;-) Wink
Sometimes people use '/' e.g. :-/ (sad)

Hope that helps :)

Trevor said...

:S

Larry said...

I surrender! LOL I started out with AOL back in 2001 (my first computer) and this stuff was all the rage. AOL might well be where it all started? Anyways, it seems to be here to stay, lol!

me said...

LOL ;)

me said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trevor said...

;-)

H said...

Lol! :) We are so hip.

Re:- the dustbin - I think that each person has a dustbin next to their own comments so that they can delete them if they want to. :) - So don't take it personally! Lol. ;-)

P.S - I have a dustbin by all of your posts. Muahahahahaaaa!!! ;)

Trevor said...

Holly Kirby,slap your wrists for even suggesting such a thing--you have to remember that some of us are of a nervous disposition!