Sunday, 10 January 2010

At the Woodvale...

Hi everyone. :)

We managed to get to the Woodvale for the gig yesterday! :D Hoooraaaaaay! :)

On the radio they were saying that all of the roads around the Woodvale were closed/really dodgy, so we were getting a bit worried. :-S - But Dad went down to have a look in the day and he managed to get around ok, so we decided to go for it.

When we got there there weren't very many people, but I set up and got going. - It was really just my family and some friends, and some regulars - so a really nice, homely kind of atmosphere. I'm really lucky to have such great support. :)

Here are a few piccies - thanks to Donna. :) The lighting in the Woodvale is a bit strange, so it's really hard to get a good picture, but she did a great job (despite lighting and subject)...

Don't worry Xeno - it's water. ;)

Mid-song. :)
Black and white mid-song...



I also added a few new songs to my set...

Zombie
Heart of Glass
Here With Me

I'll put videos down the bottom of this post again. :)

- And by the way - the snow finally seems to be melting!!! Hooraaay. :) At first it was like...OOOH SNOW! but now it's like...oh. Snow. Again. It's just annoying now. Oh well...

Here's Brooke's polar bear - she's called him 'Archie Le Blanc' lol...



I found it hard to get a good pic of him - he kind of blends into the background! :)

Anyhow - TTFN :)

Lots of love xxxxx


Zombie - The Cranberries



Heart of Glass (wouldn't let me embed...)

Here With Me (same...)

6 comments:

Larry said...

Thanks for the great report, Holly! I love that new avy pic. Great job, Sis! Thank you for the pictures. That Polar Bear is awesome! However, I will help you out and hope that he melts real soon, lol. Glad you had a good time and had a safe travel (good job, Dad). Of course I could not hear you but, you looked stunning!

TV said...

Still funny, how everyone wants snow and the nhates it :F

Larry said...

TV, they say, 'The grass always looks greener (on the other side)'. hehe You will not see me wanting any. I want the 4th of JULY! It is always hot on the 4th of July!

wolfgang said...

No TV, I love the snow under my feet, and the silence of winter.
I remember the summer in Virginia, Larry. It was in 1994. Me and my family left our air conditioned car and we were hit by the heat as if it was a hammer.
By the way, Noel is reborn, look at the games site.
Holly is looking great with her cap.

xenonrush said...

Doh! I put my comment about the water in the wrong blog item. I was probably chuckling so much that I hit the comments link for the local paper item rather than At the Woodvale....
I like the photo of you with the beret. Did you swim over to Brittany to get the genuine Breton item?

BigSis said...

Holly's new covers were AMMMMMMAAAAAZZZINNNG. I loved the Cranberries one (very passionate) and I thought the Dido song suited her voice perfectly. In fact I would like to formally request (because I'm too lazy to go and leave a message on the Requests thread) that Holly cover "Here with me" for Youtube so you can all be as impressed as I was :-)