Tuesday, 3 November 2009

To open mic...or not to open mic...

Tonight I'm going to do an open mic night. - I'm a bit scared as I've never done one before. I'm not sure what it will consist of...but I'm going to have a go. Lol.

I gave my promo pack to the pub where it's being held - but they never got back to me - so I'm trying to use this as a little 'remember me?' kind of thing. Lol. I don't know if it will work - but it's worth a try. If I don't have a go I doubt they will ever get back to me! I think pubs are also booking their acts for next year now - so the plan is to get in there quick! ;)

Worth a try anyway. :)

I'll let you know how it goes. :) xxxxx

3 comments:

Larry said...

Another bit of exciting news to go with my morning cuppa once again! I can appreciate that you feel a little anxiety about the unknown and that is quite natural but this is really great experience to broaden your horizons. Good move, imho. You will be well loved as always, and do a great job, so try to relax a little today. Wish I could be there!

D.N.H. said...

I think the open mic is a good idea. The pub gets to audition some potential talent, and you get to show them how prudent they would be to book you before someone else does. :)

Larry said...

Well said, Dan! :)