Monday, 16 November 2009

First post as a 19 year old! :P

Hi everyone! :)

I'm back. :) - I'm sorry it has been a while...

I've entered Live/Wired now. :) Thankyou for all of your suggestions and advice. :) Tea Leaves and Old Magazines is actually over 4 minutes long. - So I couldn't enter it into the competition as it was. :( This song entry was for the online voting stage. - There's just a short bio, a picture and a song to listen to from each artist/band. The public vote online for their favourite, and then the top three acts go into a live heat. There are two live heats and then a final. - Last year I got into the live heat, but was poorly so couldn't perform. :(

I did submit Tea Leaves - as I thought that Tripping Through Violets was a bit too summery sounding - but I chopped out the guitar section in the middle. If I did get into the live heats, of course I'd do it properly - but I couldn't really think of any other songs that would be appropriate. I was going to submit Poetry - but then thought that I probably shouldn't, as it doesn't represent my whole sort of style very well - with synthesizers and everything.

Ooh and also - I played at a different pub on Saturday evening - in Nick's band (Helter Skelter)'s break. It's called The Crispin. It was really fun actually. :) The audience seemed to like my set and I got some great feedback. :) - Someone said that I should go to the Open Mic Night at the Comical - so I'm going to look that up! Lol.

And yesterday was my birthday! Lol. Hoooray! Thankyou SOOOO much for your lovely birthday wishes here and on the website, you're all so lovely. :) 19 now...
Now I know what grown-ups mean when they say 'time flies...'
20 next year! :-S How very strange...

Ooh - by the way - Deborah (the lady I mentioned about two posts ago) now has a YouTube channel. I'll be adding some more videos for her today, but there's one there at the mo. Please feel free to have a looky - she's brill and a lovely person. :) www.youtube.com/DeborahHodgson

Thankyou ever so much for your continued support - you really are wonderful people. :)

Lots of love and hugs xoxoxox

6 comments:

Larry said...

Hope you had a great birthday! 19... well, ya get one more 'teenage' year'. I hope it will be an amazing one and wish you the greatest happiness ever! Please keep us posted on how to deal with the contest. :)

D.N.H. said...

Happy Birthday Holly.

H said...

Thankyou very much for your lovely comments Larry and Dan. :D - I'll keep you posted about the competition. :) xxx

Larry said...

:)

TV said...

I'm pretty sure, you will win at least the first price of hearts :D

gassyoldman said...

Haha Holly is getting old!! Sorry I missed the birthday - Happy belated wishes. I hope this year brings you every success.

Bill xxx