Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Impossible

Hooray!!! The exam today felt really good. :) The questions were brilliant! - Stuff that me and my girlyfriends had been revising all morning! I actually really enjoyed it. I loved the Lyrical Ballads section, and did the best that I could've done - and that's all I could do. Hopefully it's enough - fingers crossed.

I realise that over the past few days I've just been saying 'yep, more revising today!' so today I thought I'd put on a song for something different. It's only very simple - one that I did quite a while ago - but hopefully you'll like it. It doesn't really have a video either - just words on the screen. Here it is, a quiet song about passion, unrequited, impossible love and the horrible/lovely feeling it gives you in your tummy.



Night night xxxxx

7 comments:

TV said...

That song is one more masterpiece of your's! A good choice for "something different" :D
Oh, and congrats for the exams ;)
How original I am...

LarryC said...

Glad you got that 'great feeling'. I kind of miss that feeling, lol.

What a nice surprise to find this new song here tonight. It is so beautiful.

That was quite a description you gave this song :) and it will require further thought on my part. Love it!

David Macauley said...

Susan here (and Spoggy) listening to your new song which is WONDERFUL! I wanted to say how proud I am of you and I wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming gig in the festival, how great it would be to see you perform in person. Anyway, we just wanted to say, all the stars in the sky to you for this song and for your show. Love and light - the Tassie gang xxxx

Palhadein said...

Good news ! I can understand your feelings cause I'm presently in a similar situation... I'll keep fingers crossed for the both of us ! And now I have to go on YT to comment your video... To be continued...

H said...

Thankyou so much for your lovely comments. :) I'm really glad that you like it. I didn't do a proper video for this one as it's only a quick sort of song that I wrote aaaaaaages ago.
Palhadein - I'm not really in that situation - I was just trying something different. It's kind of like in a romantic film when throughout the entire thing you're watching the two central protagonists and just thinking - "Gaaaaaaar! They HAVE to be together!!! Why won't they admit how they feel!?!" ...and this song is kind of from one of the characters' points of view. If you mean this is the situation that you find yourself in then I hope it all works out. :) xxxx

Palhadein said...

Oops ! My message wasn't clear ! It seems like I've skiped a sentence... I wanted to say that I understand your feelings... about your exams !! I was waiting for results too (and I got them tonight and they were positive !!). No need to worry about me ! Sorry for this misunderstanding...

D.N.H. said...

I very much liked your song Holly. It's always nice to see you sing, but the simple video allows us to concentrate on the music a little more. I liked the guitar/strings/piano accompaniment. Even when you do something simple it's at least 4 tracks huh? :)