Sunday, 10 May 2009

If You Could Read My Mind...then this blog wouldn't be of much use!

I think I should probably explain about the 4 mile space hop. :)

I'm going to try to space hop 4 miles along a local cycle track in order to raise money for the charity Building Schools For Africa (which I was trying to organise the gig for). I'm not really that physically fit so it'll be a bit of a challenge - but it's for such a good cause - I'm sure I'll be ok with some/a lot of practice.

Today I re-potted my pepper plants - they're getting all grown up too now! In the bigger pots like the tomatoes. Bless their little cotton socks.

I've also been doing lots of German revision for my exam on Friday - making sure I get my prepositions right, checking that I know the passive, adjectival endings etc....

I've been listening to "If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot a lot today. It's a wonderful song. I love the words especially...and the melody. :)

I always thought that the melody was the most important things when writing songs. I'm not so sure now. Well, it is EXTREMELY important, but even if you have a brilliant melody it doesn't mean the song will be brilliant. It helps I guess, but without the right chords, the right arrangement, the right instruments, the right balance between all of them, the song might be a bit of a failure.

Personally, I think it's all down to luck as to whether a song works or not. lol :) ...and trying and trying and trying until you're happy with the end result.

Anyway, I'd best be off to bed.

I'll leave you with this song...another one I like a lot at the mo. I wonder if I could try writing one with synths at some point? :)

Night night xxxxx

2 comments:

LarryC said...

Strange how I never realized how much went into the creation of a good song. But, I am just a listener and I guess I figured they just 'pop out'. How silly of me.

If you are interested in synth, go for it. Hey, try it all. There are some really wonderful pieces of synth music out there. One old one that comes to mind, a favorite, is Isao Tomita's Daphnis et ChloƩ (Bolero) (1980). He was a master.

Good luck on your bouncing trip!

evil.live said...

I hate synth :D