Monday, 25 May 2009

Biology

Well hello there... :)

I thought I'd take a few photos of my tomato plants - they've grown a lot since last time! Ready?......



How cool! They're so big! lol. Dad's are starting to bud now so he's going to replant them. Mine haven't yet - so it doesn't look like I'm going to win the race! But his ARE a different variety AND I planted mine a couple of days later.

Whilst in the garden earlier I found a snail. I don't know what it is about snails but I really really like them! lol. Ok, I always was a bit of an oddball, but I think they're fascinating. I remember collecting them when I was younger and hating having to let them go at the end of the day! I think I might start a little snailarium one day. :)

Here's the biggy...



What a beaut. I just have to show you another one... :D

This one needs a caption...can you think of one? ;)



I found a 'few' more after him too - just a small pic this time...



Ok...I'd better stop with the snail pics now (Mum's probably despairing ;))

Biology is a subject that really interests me. I did AS Level Biology. I enjoyed it a bit but I don't think I'm that good. It'll definitely be an interest of mine in the future.

I'd best be off now.

Holly xxxxx

P.S - I had a bit of good news today - I might be playing on a small stage at the Isle of Wight Festival. :) Bit cool. :) I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Wolfgang said...

I recommend lesson 19 of Evolutionary Reproductive Biology at http://timms.uni-tuebingen.de/List/List01.aspx. It is in English and it's focusing the interesting questions regarding to some snails, like Helix pomatia in your garden, which are hermaphrodytes. Darwin would have much fun in these findings.

LarryC said...

Wow! Those tomato plants are really growing! They are looking very nice and healthy too. Around here, we put them into the ground as soon as we get them from the store, just a couple inches tall. But you grew those from seeds. Oh my, what a green thumb you have. They are lovely!

As for the snail caption, I am sure that you are much more qualified than I to write a meaningful one, lol.

The IOW Festival news is very exciting! That should be a large crowd if it is what I think it is. Isn't that the one, June 12-14, that will have The Prodigy, Razorlight, Stereophonics and Neil Young? It would be great if you got to play there! (TY Google, lol) If so, I hope PBS records some for us! :)

evil.live said...

Wow, it's the first time, that I see green tomato plants. My mother's are always brown, at least, if the manage to come out of earth...

I'm happy for you because of the festival thing. A great chance to make some new fans.

H said...

You're right Larry - it's the very same festival - only I'm going to be on a small stage in a tent (possibly - it's not confirmed yet). :) So I wouldn't be on the big stage with an audience of about 60,000. lol

H said...

P.S - Thankyou all for your comments. :)